Thursday, August 22, 2013

Visiting Delaware Beaches - 2

Cottontail, you've got to come over on the west side of the road.
You won't believe the greens I've got over here.
No, Flopsy, you need to come to the east side of the road.  It's
even greener on this side.

Now I ask you,  have you ever seen anything juicier than this stuff?
I try to help him, and what?  I don't know why I bother.

Better on the west side!  Everyone knows the plants are greener
on the east side closer to the bay.  But, you know, you can't
tell him anything.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like a million-dollar
cottage at the beach.

Royal Terns (L) and Black Skimmers (R).

To me, this is carrying waterfront property a bit far.  We all pay higher
insurance rates just so this soon-to-be-washed-away place is insured.  And
how exactly does the septic drain field work when it's under water?  Worse
yet, just to the right are a bunch of new pilings set for new home construction,
complete with a new building permit.  Where's the logic?

 
Another house with its feet in the water.  You can surf fish right
from the balcony.

What comes to mind here?  Carport or boathouse?


No comments:

Post a Comment