Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013


With the end of the year, a look back over 2012 points to some interesting trips, but as always, I had hoped for more. The highlights of the year were the Florida Keys Challenge in January. That was 115 miles from Key Largo’s John Pennekamp State Park to Fort Zachery Taylor on Key West. In April, we visited family in Pennsylvania. It was way too early in the year and the weather was miserable, but Ibi still got into a half-dozen area lakes. In July, I’m grateful to Jean for encouraging me to join the Great River Rumble on the Missouri River. That paddle was from Jefferson City, MO, to the confluence of the Mississippi River for 159 miles. At least that enabled Ibi to say she’d gotten her hull wet in the two great rivers. With the drought here in the Plains, the rest of the year was a disappointing, dreadful loss, a waste. So, while I’m grateful for what we did get done, I look with hope to the New Year for something better---much, much better.  What I hope for more than this, however, is a healthy, happy coming year for all of you, and the chance to see you on the water.
Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment