Western Oklahoma wearing a rare green color.
The original stockade of 1868 was ½ to ¾ mi. southwest of the reproduction. It was eventually taken down and used for firewood, but original plans allowed this one to be true to its predecessor. The picket-style walls are ten feet high and 150-ft long to a side, with 15-ft. high blockhouses at the NW and SW corners. Inside its perimeter were two 70-ft. warehouses, three-room warehouses and other work areas.
From inside the stockade.