Sandhill Cranes on the move.
This may be of limited value for most of you, but it’s important, so I’ll add it for anyone who may benefit. I had notified the RV insurance provider that the trailer would be in storage for February and March, allowing me to get a rebate for the period that it would not be on the road. My understanding was that the coverage would go back into effect April 1. Just on a spur of the moment thought that I should check with GMAC before taking off, I found that it wasn’t effective again until the renewal policy began April 19. We were about to hit the road with no insurance coverage for 2 l/2 weeks. That was corrected, but my lesson was that it’s a good idea to check with your provider before making assumptions.
We had strong thunderstorms come through last night with a forecast for 70mph winds and baseball-size hail. We hitched up and moved the trailer under a nearby agricultural shed’s steel roof. We got the wind and torrential rain, but only enough hail to be barely heard above the noise of the rain.
We’re packing up, and I’m headed out to change the oil and filter in the Ram. The best sign of progress for me was removing the Oklahoma chart book from the chart case and sliding in the Pennsylvania DeLorme chart book. If you’re not familiar with these, they’re a great aid.